Tuesday 20 April 2010

Ageing gracefully

Its my birthday tomorrow. I have to remind myself of this because I keep forgetting. I feel like I have reached that sad stage where birthdays are all just another day and you're not even sure what age you are because its not really important. This makes me feel old. People have often said I'm old before my time with occasional rants about nothing in particular and references to television from the 70s. Having said this there is that other part of me that just wants to be young, carefree, forget responsibility, travel the world, watch sunsets on beaches and chase the ends of rainbows. Actually I expect most people feel like that.

The thing about being in your twenties is that everyone around you is at a different point in life. Some are getting married, settling down, some are off on adventures, some are working hard towards that career goal and some are stood in the middle, watching them all and not knowing which ones to join.

I praise God for the year I was 21. I graduated from university, got an amazing job and rediscovered the fun of my hometown. I am excited about what God has in store for year number 22. I hope He sees me standing in the middle and gives me a shove towards the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment