Sunday 28 February 2010

Untangling the squiggles

The concept of blogging does seem a tad self-obsessive. I tell myself that I am looking for a way to vent and express myself for therapeutic means however, for that I could keep a personal diary which would not be available for others to see on the internet. Why is blogging so appealing? I propose that we all want to be heard, to be accepted and not be judged for our private thoughts. Blogging means that the public can read your musings and respond but you are also given the protection of distance and a level of anonymity so as to guard your feelings too.

Using the internet to communicate allows us to reveal things about ourselves that we may not otherwise ever mention to another person face to face. Have you ever used an instant messenger tool to have a conversation and found you could say (or rather type) things you never normally would? I know I have. I think that is the idea of this too. Initially I don't want to make anyone I know aware that I'm doing this blog but I want to be able to express myself and perhaps explore ideas that I find difficult to discuss on a day to day basis with others. Hopefully here I can be slightly more honest than usual about the things I often struggle with but am too afraid to admit to.

A special someone once told me that where others think in straight lines, I think in squiggles. This is my attempt to untangle the squiggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment